How To prosh
BUY A PROSH! We recommend you carry your PROSH paper with you for the whole day - not only will you be displaying your PROSH pride but it will alert our enthusiastic PROSH paper sellers to your purchase.
Those Far Away
Even if you're not in the immediate Perth area you can still get involved with PROSH! Contact our amazing Directors if you would like to submit articles, buy a paper or want to spread the love of Prosh!
Contact the PROSH Facebook page for ways you can participate - from club and faculty society themes, to marshalling, writers' nights and layout weekend there's plenty of fun times to go around!
Wednesday 22 March 2017
5am: FREE BREAKFAST RAVE
CRANK UP and RAVE TO THE GRAVE before you go out selling. We have also organised breakfast so get in early or miss out!
6am: COLLECT PAPERS
Pick up your papers and tins from Oak Lawn – your UWA student card is needed to sign out tins.
6.30am: BOARD BUSES
Buses will be taking clubs and faculty societies to different locations all across Perth, so get on and start selling. You can also head to Stirling Highway to jump on a Transperth bus - bring your Smart Rider - but you cannot sell papers on public transport at any time.
7am: SELL PAPERS
Shake your money maker (... your tin) and raise as much as you can for the 2017 charities. Make sure to follow the code of conduct rules (AKA Jedi Code) while you are selling papers.
11am: ENTERTAINMENT & RE-STOCK
Gather in Forrest Place for live music, to watch skits, and hear from our charities. Contact your closest marshal or pop by Forrest Place to restock papers and swap out FULL tins for a new one. Empty/ partially full tins will not be accepted. NOTE: UWA classes resume at 12pm
Gather in Forrest Place then follow the marshals and parade through the city streets. Making noise is encouraged.
2pm: PROSH BALL
Head to the Tav and reward yourself for a hard day’s PROSHing. ID required, 18+ venue. Enjoy happy hour priced drinks for costumed students and chilled music.
Don’t drive tired. Look after your friends. Make sure to return your tin to the UWA Student Guild by 4pm on Wednesday 22nd March.
Code Of Conduct: JEDI CODE
The below rules apply to all PROSH participants:
1. PROSH is a drug and alcohol free event. If you appear to be affected by drugs or alcohol you will be asked to leave.
2. Listen to and obey the marshals. They know what they’re doing and what you SHOULD be doing.
3. No street drinking. Anywhere. The fine for street drinking is $200.
4. Don’t sell papers on public transport at any time. Do not sell on Transperth concourses or in stations. Do not prevent people from leaving stations.
5. Look both ways before you cross the street.
6. Stay out of and away from all construction areas. You’re not Bob the Builder.
7. Don’t do anything that will get you or other people injured/killed.
8. Don’t die. Don’t ruin PROSH for everyone else.
9. Don’t litter. Put your rubbish and paper straps in the bin.
10. Don’t stand in the middle of the road or intersections. The fine is $50 for a traffic infringement.
11. Don’t block footpaths or walkways, you don’t have a licence to make life difficult for everyone
12. Don’t harass or swear at people. No means no. Seriously.
13. Don’t PROSH and drive. You will be tired after a long day of Prosh-ing. Organise alternative arrangements. Bring your SmartRider.
14. Failure to return tins will result in a $200 fine.
15. If you are doing something illegal, you will be handed over to the police. The organisers of PROSH take no responsibility for your actions.
16. Remember you are representing PROSH, the 2017 charities, the UWA Student Guild and The University of Western Australia at all times.